Sunday, January 13, 2013

Greetings from Beijing - Part 1

All,
 
For those of you who traveled with me through China, which was an interesting trip to say the least, I am uploading my emails from that trip as a reminder.  There are some of you, who were probably not on my email list.  Enjoy.
 
 
Well I am here in China finally.  Boarding the flight with the Chinese was a trip to say the least.  A cattle haul would have been preferably to that.  Had an altercation on the plane with a little Chinese lady.  That is the last time she will mess with a black woman.  Will explain in more detail when I get back.  Had some jet lag but basically slept like a baby last night.
 
Just finished a Chinese massage or as it is known in the west, a beating.  That was definitely the Ike Turner of massages.  I guess relaxing massages have not reached the Chinese yet as is not messing with a black woman's hair while doing the massage.  Oprah definitely has to come here to educate them.  However, the up side is that any wrinkles that existed in my face have been rubbed out (lol).
 
Gala dinner tonight, which I am attending with Marcia and then it is off to sightseeing tomorrow.  Can't wait. 
 
Please relax.  The Chinese will not be taking over anything anytime soon.  It is still a pretty backward country.  Making good fakes does not a successful society make.  The myth of the demure Asian does not extend to China, let me tell you.  They are an aggressive bunch of little people but I guess if you are trying to make your mark among 1 billion people, demure does not cut it.  I just tried to logon to Facebook but I guess the government does not allow that.  God help us!!!  Censorship is alive and well and it appears is also alive in America with MSNBC shutting down Keith Olbermann.  I don't always agree with him but for heaven's sake I am pissed.  Will not be able to protest while I am China.  Could get rolled over by tanks in Tianamen Square (lol).
 
Anyway, hope you are all well.  Will write again soon.
 
Love to all,
 
Liz
#













No comments:

Post a Comment