"Welcome to Dar Ahlam, the Maison des Reves
Our name reveals a wish, the wish to accompany you in your wildest and unexpected dreams to make your stay unforgettable.
We named your room Syrienne, an oriental room that mixes colors, furniture and accessories from over the world: Armchairs from Damascus, engravings from Istanbul, Aladdin's lanterns ...
A soft and warm light reigns in this room to make you dream like in a tale from 1001 nights .....
Dar Ahlam is your house, it now belongs to you to imagine the moments you wish to live in it ...
We hope that you will enjoy your stay as much as as we enjoyed designing and realising it.
You just have to
Live the dream"
I am in heaven. It took us five hours to get to Skoura from Marrakech. We crossed two mountains to get here, including one peak from which we could see nothing, because it was so foggy. The terrain from green to lush to arid and dry back to lush, to mountains and desert. It was absolutely fabulous. The hairpin bends in the mountain roads were very scary but I was busy typing the last blog I sent to you and tried to ignore it for the most part.
We passed through a lovely town on the way to Skoura, Ouarzazate, which is where Ridley Scott likes to film his movies. Gladiator was filmed here, also Body of Lies and a couple of others. Guess who we saw. A bus of Japanese tourists (lol).
Once we saw the sign of Skoura, I breathed a sigh of relief, however, that was short-lived. When we went from paved roads to dirt roads, my first thought was "WTF, not again." However, we had indeed arrived at heaven. Words cannot describe this place. It was blissful, celestial, heavenly. We were met by two people and the lady escorted us inside through many passage ways to a lovely living room or as we would say in Jamaica, drawing room. It was absolutely beautiful, comfortable and warm. We told them how hungry we were and about 5 people appeared in the garden and set up the most delightful setting for us to eat lunch.
Our llunch started with a wonderful carrot soup with cumin, fantastic bread toasted on one side drizzled with olive oil, followed by the most delicious salad which contained julienned vegetables of every short with goat cheese and pine nut in the middle. I was in bloody heaven. Our main meal had an asian twist with meatballs surrounded by sticky rice with a delightful flavored soy sauce with grilled aubergines. Have I made you hungry? I am not done yet. Our dessert which I took about one hour to eat was a lemon tart. It was out of this world.
The service is unobtrusive and discreet. Once they place the meal in front of you, it is as if they disappear into the atmosphere, only to appear at exactly the right time to clear away the plates to replace them with the next course. We had about four people waiting on us. We were the only people at the resort until just now when another couple arrived.
I just finished the best massage and facial I have ever had in my life and I feel like I have no bones left. We soaked in a whirlpool bath and went into the sauna. I had a shower with almond soap and I feel like I have died and gone to heaven. We have been informed that the quality of the service will not be any different when we go into the desert and that the sunset and sunrise are so beautiful, that it cannot be missed. We will have a team of people waiting on our every need.
This place is worth every penny that we paid and more and I am ecstatic to be able to experience this. Fortune has indeed smiled upon us and I am eternally grateful.
I will not write again for a couple of day as we leave at about 11 a.m. to go into the desert tomorrow and will not return until noon on Thursday. Please know that we are well, well cared for and we are indeed in a magical place. I am going to try to send some pictures now from my iPad. The wireless is spotty but who cares. Life is good. I am living the dream.
Besos,
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment